A two-week-old baby boy has died after his pram was hit by a car on the pavement.
West Midlands police said they believed a BMW had been in a collision with another car in Brownhills area before hitting the pram at about 4pm on Easter Sunday.
The baby, who was being pushed by his family at the time, suffered serious injuries in the incident. He was taken to hospital, but could not be saved. A relative suffered a shoulder injury, but nobody else was injured.
Police said the driver left the scene, but a 34-year-old man was arrested in Bloxwich shortly afterwards. He had been taken into custody and would be questioned on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
Sergeant Mark Crozier, from the collision investigation unit, said: “A baby has tragically died and we’ll be doing all we can to support his family during this deeply devastating time.
“We’re in the process of speaking to witnesses and establishing the circumstances around this collision. I would ask anyone who was in the area, and has information which can assist our inquiries, to come forward.
He added: “We understand the shock this will have caused, but I would ask people not to speculate on what happened.”
Police are keen to hear from anyone who was in the area and may have dashcam footage, either before or at the time of the collision.
- Dogecoin spikes 300% in a week, stoking fears of a cryptocurrency bubble
- Covid infection rate is approaching the highest level so far, WHO chief warns
- Democrats, after slamming Trump for upending ‘norms,’ now eyeing sweeping changes of their own
- At least four people hospitalized with gunshot wounds, police say
- Losing languages, losing worlds
- Premier League and FA Cup team news, previews and more – live!
- Covid-19 Pushes India’s Middle Class Toward Poverty
- ‘This is it. If we don’t amp up, we’re goners’: the last chance to confront the climate crisis?
- Arsenal star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is recovering after contracting malaria
- Why were Bangladeshi and Pakistani groups worst hit by the UK’s second wave? | Laura Bear
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…