The number of migrant children in Border Patrol custody is down significantly.
The Biden administration is starting to see some success in its efforts to suitably house the migrant children flooding to the southwest border, with a fraction of the number of children in Customs and Border Protection custody than there were a month ago.
Over the past month, the number of migrant children in the jail-like facilities of the Border Patrol dropped 83 percent, from 5,767 on March 29 to 954 on Thursday, according to government statistics. The length of time children are staying in border shelters is down as well, from an average of 133 hours to 28. By law, children are not supposed to stay in border shelters for more than 72 hours.
The improvements are attributable in part to an increase in facilities overseen by the Department of Health and Human Services where children can be housed under better living conditions.
More children are also being discharged from government custody, most often to live with a relative.
The number of migrant children arriving alone at the southern border has decreased by a much smaller amount, from 626 on March 29 to 525 a month later, according to an official briefed on the data.
While the number of migrants at the border surges each spring, the surge this year has been much higher than normal.
- Cruise lines could bypass porting from Florida due to vaccination requirements
- Airline passengers fined $20,000 as US agency cracks down on unruly fliers
- Portnoy riffs on ‘$40 million punching bag’ Goodell: Feud started ‘as a joke’; he’s ‘least self-aware’ exec
- A Wandering Tiger Unnerved Houston. The Man Who Fled With It Is a Murder Suspect.
- Pediatricians prepare to vaccinate youngest Covid-19 shot recipients yet
- Rangers Look to Move Past ‘Crazy’ Season
- F.B.I. Identifies Group Behind Pipeline Hack
- Hermansson-Shahbazyan off UFC 262 card
- As Boston Celtics struggle, jersey patch partner Vistaprint takes the long view
- India’s Covid-19 catastrophe could hurt global supplies of medicines, clothing and shoes
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…