The Minneapolis police chief walks jurors through the rules on use of force and other policies.
Chief Medaria Arradondo of the Minneapolis Police Department spent much of the first part of his testimony walking jurors through the department’s policy on a range of matters, including use of force, allowing citizens to film the police and de-escalating difficult situations.
Chief Arradondo, who fired Derek Chauvin and three other officers who had been involved in the arrest of George Floyd, stressed that prioritizing the “sanctity of life” in the department’s use-of-force policy is vital.
“It is my firm belief that the one singular incident we will be judged forever on will be our use of force,” he said.
Chief Arradondo also emphasized that since May 2016, the department’s policies have explicitly told officers that they must allow people to record them as long as the people are not obstructing their actions.
Prosecutors also asked him several questions about de-escalation, which he said has become much more of a priority than in 1989, when he joined the department, when it “wasn’t mentioned.”
Chief Arradondo is expected to discuss the death of Mr. Floyd more directly during the afternoon.
- ‘Point Zion’ lauded for ‘tremendous’ efforts in win
- Real Madrid v Barcelona: El Clásico – live!
- Is a party that sells police stations to criminals so very tough on crime? | Nick Cohen
- Pablo Fornals: ‘We never stop running – we have to enjoy these moments’
- Concerned NYC mom asks de Blasio ‘what’s being done’ about broad-daylight crimes
- Prince Charles pays tribute to his father Prince Philip
- Former Big Brother contestant Nikki Grahame dies aged 38
- ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ tops $60 million domestically, the best box office haul of the pandemic
- Colorado woman accused of murder-for-hire plot had violent past with child, estranged husband: affidavit
- Rachael Blackmore becomes first female jockey to win the Grand National
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…