Texas Tech is promoting associate head coach Mark Adams to replace Chris Beard, athletic director Kirby Hocutt confirmed Monday night on social media.
A news conference introducing Adams as the Red Raiders’ new head coach is set for Tuesday, according to Hocutt.
— Kirby Hocutt (@kirbyhocutt) April 6, 2021
Beard left Texas Tech for Texas last week after five seasons in Lubbock.
Shortly after Beard’s departure was announced, Adams emerged as a prime candidate to replace him as head coach. Considered one of the elite defensive minds in college basketball, Adams had been an assistant under Beard since 2015 while they were at Arkansas-Little Rock. Texas Tech’s defense ranked 20th nationally in adjusted defensive efficiency this past season after ranking in the top 10 the previous three seasons.
Adams, a Texas Tech alum, has head-coaching experience at five schools: Clarendon College, Wayland Baptist, West Texas A&M, Texas-Pan American and Howard College.
Bucks assistant Darvin Ham also spoke to Texas Tech about the vacancy at his alma mater, but ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported Monday that he decided to stay with Milwaukee and continue to pursue a head-coaching position in the NBA.
- Every Dollar is a Soldier/With Money You’re a Dragon review – haunting history
- The U.S. Has a New Climate Goal. How Does It Stack Up Globally?
- George Christensen to retire at next election blaming ‘broken’ state of Australian politics
- Analysis: Can Bolsonaro be taken at his word on protecting the environment? A look at his record
- Southwest Airlines says leisure bookings improving, expects to break even in June
- As women directors enter the Oscar spotlight, here are 13 filmmakers to watch
- Infrastructure negotiations: Republicans to unveil $600 billion framework as Democrats try to iron out issues
- Are Masks Necessary Outdoors?
- The Biden administration has ended use of the phrase ‘illegal alien’. It’s about time | Moustafa Bayoumi
- There’s hope for racial justice in America. But it comes from the people – not the courts | Simon Balto
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…