The slugger, who started his first season with Toronto sidelined by a pair of muscle strains, finished the night 0-for-4 as the Blue Jays lost 8-2.
“He ran fine, saw a lot of pitches, which is good,” Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo said.
The World Series MVP when Houston won its first title in 2017 signed a team-record $150 million, six-year deal with the Blue Jays this offseason but missed time in spring training, first because of a strained oblique and later because of a right quadriceps strain.
“I just had to trust myself,” Springer said before the game. “Obviously I don’t want to hurt myself again.”
He added that he was “sick and tired of being on the IL.”
Springer played in alternate site games this past weekend, and Montoyo said he will be seeing a lot of time at DH as opposed to the outfield “just to keep him away from running everyday.”
In other moves, the Blue Jays placed ace Hyun Jin Ryu on the 10-day IL with a right glute strain. Rowdy Tellez also was optioned to the alternate training site, while pitcher Travis Bergen was recalled.
Ryu left Sunday’s game in the third inning, but said that the injury is “nothing serious.” Montoyo is hopeful the left-hander will miss only one start.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Doctors’ union in Japan calls on government to cancel Tokyo Games
- Shoephoria! exhibition to open at Fashion Museum in Bath
- Colombian protest leader Lucas Villa, who was shot eight times, dies
- Australia’s Never-Ending Travel Ban
- As US pulls out of Afghanistan, China sees opportunities — and potential for chaos
- Blake Griffin debuts “McLovin”-themed Air Jordans
- ESPN extends deal to air MLB games through ’28
- Brazil braces for renewed Covid surge as Bolsonaro faces parliamentary inquiry over pandemic response
- ‘No roadmap’: New Zealand mulls reopening options after a year of closed borders
- LIVE UPDATES: Israel calls up 9,000 reservists ahead of a possible ground invasion
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…