Sources: LeBron likely out Thur., Fri. to rest ankle
Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James is expected to miss back-to-back games against the LA Clippers and Portland Trail Blazers on Thursday and Friday to rest his injured right ankle, sources told ESPN.
It is possible James could miss more games, sources said, as he works through discomfort in the ankle that kept him out six weeks until a two-game return that saw home losses to Toronto and Sacramento over the weekend.
James and the Lakers will continue to evaluate the injury and will proceed cautiously as the Lakers ramp up for the postseason, sources said.
James has experienced some trouble making hard cuts and exploding since his return from six weeks on the sideline with the injury, sources said.
James was held out of the final 6 minutes, 42 seconds of Sunday’s game against the Raptors after experiencing soreness in the ankle and did not play Monday against the Denver Nuggets.
The Lakers (37-28) are tied with Dallas for the fifth spot in the Western Conference — with the Mavericks owning the tiebreaker — and a full game ahead of seventh-place Portland with four games against the Clippers, Blazers, Suns and Knicks in the next week. The Lakers are trying to avoid landing in the play-in tournament for seeds No. 7 to No. 10.
- Lebanon is on a ‘train to hell’ and ‘about to reach the last station,’ former government advisor says
- NBA playoff watch: Heat clinch and Celtics get closer to play-in spot
- At least 35 killed in Gaza as Israel ramps up airstrikes in response to rocket attacks
- ‘We can’t create more water’: Water Works warns drought could endanger drinking supply
- Coronavirus live news: India variant found in 44 countries – WHO; Taiwan faces new outbreak
- Unicef calls on UK to give 20% of vaccines to other countries
- ‘We won’t be bouncing back’ – the unsettling truth about the big reopening
- Amcham finds 42% of members surveyed are planning or considering leaving Hong Kong
- Tuchel: I lied to Auba about meeting times
- ‘You breathe differently when you aren’t the only one:’ Women are leading America’s key news outlets
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…