Slavia Prague’s Ondrej Kudela not returning to UK for Arsenal game
Slavia Prague have announced that the defender Ondrej Kudela, who is at the centre of Uefa and police investigations into alleged racial abuse, will miss the Europa League quarter-final first leg at Arsenal on Thursday because of injury and illness.
Kudela was involved in an incident with Rangers’ Glen Kamara, who said his opponent had racially abused him during the Czech side’s win at Ibrox on 18 March. Uefa and Police Scotland have launched investigations, with Kamara’s lawyer saying he expected the latter to question Kudela when he returned to the UK to face Arsenal.
That will no longer be possible given Slavia confirmed the 34-year-old player would be absent from the Emirates Stadium tie. “He has a cold, virosis and fever, and after a blow to the nose he also has inflammation,” the Slavia assistant coach Zdenek Houstecky told the club’s website.
The nasal injury occurred last week in the World Cup qualifier between Wales and the Czech Republic in Cardiff, when Gareth Bale caught Kudela with an elbow late on. The visit passed without any off-field incident for the Slavia player despite initial reluctance from the club to release him.
Kudela was not fit to take part in the goalless draw against Zbrojovka Brno on Sunday, because of what Slavia described at the time as “nasal contusion from the international match between Czechia and Wales accompanied by high fever with antibiotics”.
Kudela has denied racially abusing Kamara, and Slavia said they submitted a criminal complaint after a post-match fracas in the Ibrox tunnel.
- ‘Point Zion’ lauded for ‘tremendous’ efforts in win
- Real Madrid v Barcelona: El Clásico – live!
- Is a party that sells police stations to criminals so very tough on crime? | Nick Cohen
- Pablo Fornals: ‘We never stop running – we have to enjoy these moments’
- Concerned NYC mom asks de Blasio ‘what’s being done’ about broad-daylight crimes
- Prince Charles pays tribute to his father Prince Philip
- Former Big Brother contestant Nikki Grahame dies aged 38
- ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ tops $60 million domestically, the best box office haul of the pandemic
- Colorado woman accused of murder-for-hire plot had violent past with child, estranged husband: affidavit
- Rachael Blackmore becomes first female jockey to win the Grand National
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…