Seychelles sees uptick in Covid-19 cases despite having vaccinated 85% of population
The Seychelles reported an uptick in cases on Wednesday, according to the country’s Health Ministry, despite the fact that the island nation has already vaccinated 59,676 people — 85% of its population.
The ministry reported 497 cases over a three-day period, it said in a Facebook post.To date, 6,373 cases of Covid-19 have been diagnosed in the Seychelles. The country’s national broadcaster, Seychelles Broadcasting Corporation (SBC,) reported in April that the South Africa variant had been found in several patients.
The rise in cases, which began last month, prompted the US Centers For Disease Control to issue a Level 4 Travel warning advising against going to the tourism-dependent country.
On Monday, the Health Ministry closed specialized medical clinics and suspended surgeries outside of emergency operations and cancer treatments.
- Positively LEX 18: Customers come for the cut, stay for the tunes at Paris barbershop
- Why is one of Cuba’s most rebellious artists still isolated in a government hospital?
- Avalanche lock up No. 1 overall seed for playoffs
- The Rules of Revelation by Lisa McInerney review – an ‘unholy trinity’ concludes
- Prince Harry reveals secret supermarket meeting with Meghan
- Hear me out: why Hudson Hawk isn’t a bad movie
- Slow population growth means low interest rates are likely here to stay, says JP Morgan
- Doctors’ union in Japan calls on government to cancel Tokyo Games
- ‘Hosnia had dreams’: grief in Kabul as girls’ school targeted
- Shoephoria! exhibition to open at Fashion Museum in Bath
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…