Several Indian states forced to postpone vaccine drives due to shortages
Several Indian states were forced to postpone their Covid-19 vaccination plans on Saturday due to supply shortages, authorities said.
At least seven states or union territories were impacted by vaccine shortages as confirmed by CNN. These include the states of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharasthra and the union territory of Delhi, which includes the Indian capital, New Delhi.
India launched its vaccination drive on January 16, first prioritizing heath care and frontline workers, followed by people above the age of 60 and those over 45 with existing health conditions. The drive was expanded to include everyone above the age of 18 on Saturday.
India is facing a massive second wave of Covid-19 cases, reporting more than 400,000 in a single day on Saturday.
A total of 1,648,192 vaccine doses were given until 8 p.m., including 989,700 people who were given their first dose and 658,492 people who received a second dose, according to provisional figures in the press release.
Of those, 84,599 people between the ages of 18 and 44 received their first dose of a coronavirus vaccine, according to a press release issued by India’s Health Ministry on Saturday night. Fewer young people received vaccines because some states prioritized second doses and older people who hadn’t had their first dose.
As of Saturday evening Indian time, a total of 156,637,825 vaccine doses have been administered since January across the country. A total of 28,591,381 people have received their second dose, about just under 2.2% percent of the country’s 1.3 billion population.
- Los Angeles-area man disguised himself as White guy to commit over 30 home burglaries, police say
- Cruise lines could bypass porting from Florida due to vaccination requirements
- Airline passengers fined $20,000 as US agency cracks down on unruly fliers
- Portnoy riffs on ‘$40 million punching bag’ Goodell: Feud started ‘as a joke’; he’s ‘least self-aware’ exec
- A Wandering Tiger Unnerved Houston. The Man Who Fled With It Is a Murder Suspect.
- Pediatricians prepare to vaccinate youngest Covid-19 shot recipients yet
- Rangers Look to Move Past ‘Crazy’ Season
- F.B.I. Identifies Group Behind Pipeline Hack
- Hermansson-Shahbazyan off UFC 262 card
- As Boston Celtics struggle, jersey patch partner Vistaprint takes the long view
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…