Manager Scott Servais said both players underwent MRIs on Wednesday morning and the team was still awaiting results. Paxton left in the second inning after just 24 pitches, grimacing after throwing a 92 mph fastball to Andrew Vaughn. It was the first start of his second stint with Seattle.
“Leaving last night he was a little bit more optimistic that it wasn’t anything too serious. I know he woke up today and it’s stiff as expected,” Servais said of Paxton. “Really, it’s hard to speculate until you know exactly what’s going on there and the only way you’re going to know is you get the reading on the MRI.”
Seattle recalled outfielder Braden Bishop and right-hander Ljay Newsome from its alternate training site to take the roster spots of both players. Newsome will move into the bullpen and Nick Margevicius will take Paxton’s spot in the starting rotation. Margevicius threw 3 2/3 innings of relief after Paxton was injured.
Fraley had just one hit in 10 at-bats to begin the season, but had reached base eight times via walk. There were fans clamoring for top prospect Jarred Kelenic to be called up to take Fraley’s spot, but Servais said the team is remaining patient with the development of Seattle’s younger players.
“You don’t want to just all of a sudden derail everything and something you firmly believe in because now there’s a roster spot open or you need to fill it or whatnot,” Servais said. “I don’t think that’s good development strategy at all so we stick with the plan there.”
- Prince Philip's gaffes complicate his legacy
- Reguilon on for Bergwijn: how José Mourinho blew Spurs’ title charge | Jonathan Wilson
- Kai Havertz stars as free-flowing Chelsea steamroller Crystal Palace
- Rare tropical cyclone to make landfall in Western Australia
- Prince Charles remembers ‘dear papa’ as details of funeral emerge
- Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman, 80, found dead in London
- ‘Clear the Capitol’: Pence plea amid riot retold in dramatic Pentagon document
- Maryland Gov. Hogan vetoes bill that would do away with life-without-parole sentences for juveniles
- Marshall D. Sahlins, Groundbreaking Anthropologist, Dies at 90
- ‘Point Zion’ lauded for ‘tremendous’ efforts in win
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…