Paolucci, physician for Pistons’ 3 title teams, dies
DETROIT — Dr. Benjamin Paolucci, a longtime team physician for the Detroit Pistons who was with the franchise for each of its three NBA championships, has died. He was 84.
The Pistons said Paolucci died Wednesday in Florida.
Paolucci retired from the organization in 2015 after serving the Pistons’ medical needs for more than 40 years. That span included titles in 1989, 1990 and 2004. He was also a football player at Wayne State and was briefly with the Detroit Lions after being drafted by them in 1958.
After serving six months in the U.S. Army in 1960, he started medical school at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine and studied later at the Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
“Dr. Paolucci was not just a doctor to the team — he was like family,” former Pistons standout Richard Hamilton said. “He had such an infectious smile and was a generous and kind person who cared about your actual well being beyond the basketball court. I really enjoyed and looked forward to our conversations about basketball and he was very knowledgeable about the game. My thoughts go out to his family and he will truly be missed.”
- Andrew Peacock, former Liberal party leader and Australian foreign minister, dies aged 82
- Morgan Stanley tops earnings estimates on better-than-expected trading, investment banking results
- Lakers’ Davis cleared for practice, nearing return
- Brood X is almost here. Billions of cicadas to emerge in eastern US
- Police do not know if shooter was a FedEx employee
- Goldman Sachs’s Top Image Maker Is Leaving
- Coleman still out of Games despite reduced ban
- A ‘quantum leap’: Monster wind turbines are going to get even bigger
- Brooklyn Nets forward LaMarcus Aldridge retires suddenly because of irregular heartbeat
- LIVE UPDATES: Indianapolis FedEx facility shooting leaves 8 dead, attacker’s identity unknown
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…