The NHL is hopeful the Vancouver Canucks will be able to get back on the ice by the end of next week, deputy commissioner Bill Daly told ESPN.
However, the situation is still fluid after 25 players and coaches have tested positive for COVID-19 that involves a variant. Many infected players were symptomatic, including some that had fatigue, body aches, chills and dehydration. At least one player required an IV last weekend, sources told ESPN.
Scheduling games will depend on how players recover. Daly said the league is still hopeful for Vancouver to play a full 56 games this season.
A player who has a confirmed positive case and is symptomatic must test negative twice and wait 10 days since symptoms first appeared. All players must also be cleared by a team doctor and cardiologist.
All players and coaches who tested positive are quarantining, including some who are isolating from their families.
“This is a stark reminder of how quickly the virus can spread and its serious impact, even among healthy, young athletes,” the Canucks said in a statement released on Wednesday.
An ongoing investigation by Vancouver Coastal Health and contract tracing determined the outbreak began when a single unidentified individual picked up the infection in a “community setting.”
- George Christensen to retire at next election blaming ‘broken’ state of Australian politics
- Analysis: Can Bolsonaro be taken at his word on protecting the environment? A look at his record
- Southwest Airlines says leisure bookings improving, expects to break even in June
- As women directors enter the Oscar spotlight, here are 13 filmmakers to watch
- Infrastructure negotiations: Republicans to unveil $600 billion framework as Democrats try to iron out issues
- Are Masks Necessary Outdoors?
- There’s hope for racial justice in America. But it comes from the people – not the courts | Simon Balto
- Antonio Brown settles dispute with ex-trainer
- Biden to announce US will aim to cut carbon emissions by as much as 52% by 2030 at virtual climate summit
- Biden gets serious about going green | First Thing
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…