New Zealand to begin quarantine-free travel bubble with Australia
India’s Maharashtra state and the union territory of Delhi have asked the central government to lower the age limit of those eligible to take the Covid-19 vaccine amid a rise in new cases.
“If the central government allows us to vaccinate people on a mass level then we can create thousands of facilities in schools, community centers and start a war of a vaccination drive,” Arvind Kejriwal, Chief Minister of Delhi, said Monday.
Since April 1, the Indian government has provided Covid-19 vaccinations to anyone age 45 and over.
In Maharashtra, where weekend lockdowns and night curfews have been put in place until the end of April to curb the spread of the virus, Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray reiterated the request to lower the age threshold.
“If a larger number of our young and working population is vaccinated, the intensity of the cases would be much lower than the treatment that they need today,” Thackeray said in his letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday, asking for the eligibility to be lowered to all above the age of 25.
Maharashtra state accounts for more than half of the new Covid-19 cases in the country.
India is facing a second wave of coronavirus, with more than 100,000 infections reported on Monday, its highest single-day rise since the beginning of the pandemic.
On Tuesday, India reported 96,982 cases, taking the total to 12,686,049, including 165,547 deaths, according to the Indian Ministry of Health.
- ‘You were right there to pick me up:’ Tom Brady’s heartfelt message to Julian Edelman
- LIVE UPDATES: Derek Chauvin murder trial continues Tuesday
- Hoax device detonated near Manchester Central High School
- Doncic: ‘Don’t see the point’ of play-in tourney
- Temasek and BlackRock commit $600 million to invest in firms working to reduce carbon emissions
- Hannity: Police are under attack but ‘you won’t see much outrage from the media mob’
- Your Tuesday Briefing
- Australia reports second blood clot case ‘likely’ linked to AstraZeneca Covid vaccine
- Donovon Lynch’s family attorney claims body was moved, another officer was involved in Oceanfront shooting
- China sends 25 warplanes into Taiwan’s air defense zone, Taipei says
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…