Nebraska transformer fire, explosion prompt hotel evacuation: reports
The explosion occurred in a utility vault under the sidewalk next to the DoubleTree Hotel, acting Battalion Fire Chief Mickey McLaughlin said, according to the Omaha World-Herald.
No injuries were reported as of late Monday, and the area around the hotel was temporarily blocked off.
Guests at the hotel said they felt their rooms shake and saw smoke.
“We started walking down eight flights of stairs. As we’re doing that, the building was shaking a bit and the lights were flickering on and off,” said hotel guest, Andrew Lovato-Needham, according to Omaha’s WOWT-TV.
“A little bit, only because we were on the fifteenth floor, so I knew if something happened, we had to get out quick and not use the elevator,” another guest, Lauren Pruitt, added.
Firefighters and emergency personnel responded to the scene, and the situation appeared to be under control around 8:45 p.m. local time, the paper reported.
Earlier Monday, Omaha police Sgt. Jason Menning tweeted that the Omaha Public Power District was headed to the area. He noted that some traffic signals could be affected.
“Treat intersections as a 4-way stop,” he wrote.
- 2 police officers used excessive force, threatened Army officer during traffic stop, lawsuit says
- Matsuyama shoots 7-under 65, leads at Masters
- He Sought Refuge in Online Poker: ‘This Is Never About the Cards’
- Maryland to end police Bill of Rights after Democrats override GOP governor’s vetoes
- UMass wins first NCAA men’s hockey title
- In South Korea, patients pay for a star plastic surgeon — and get operated by a ghost doctor
- Review Your Social Media Etiquette
- Slain 20-year-old Raleigh student had recently married her alleged killer
- The United Arab Emirates has announced its first female astronaut
- Coalition admits ‘a lot of unknowns’ could derail plan to vaccinate Australia by end of year
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…