Fully vaccinated student-athletes and others in team travel parties may be exempt from routine coronavirus testing or quarantine procedures for NCAA championships starting Saturday, the NCAA announced Thursday.
In a release updating recommendations from the NCAA COVID-19 medical advisory group, the NCAA said fully vaccinated and Tier 1 individuals with no COVID-19-like symptoms do not need to quarantine, be restricted from work or get tested after exposure to someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19. A Tier 1 individual is someone with the highest risk of exposure at championships, including team travel parties and officials.
The advisory group met this week to discuss the most recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control. The CDC considers individuals to be fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving either a single-dose vaccine or the second shot of a two-dose vaccine.
The NCAA also notes that if there is evidence of substantial or high transmission in the community or if there are COVID-19 variants resistant to the vaccine, then testing might need to resume for fully vaccinated individuals. Those decisions will be made in conjunction with local public health authorities and/or federal guidance.
In addition, if state or local authorities require vaccinated individuals to be tested, their guidance will supersede the updated NCAA policy.
On Tuesday, the SEC and Sun Belt announced the same update to their coronavirus testing and quarantine procedures for fully vaccinated individuals.
- Doctors’ union in Japan calls on government to cancel Tokyo Games
- Biden says those vaccinated from COVID-19 can largely ditch masks
- Sheriff agrees to release video involving inmate’s death at jail following family request
- Paralyzed man uses his mind to form real-time sentences
- Removed from royal display, Meghan and Harry waxworks join Madame Tussauds’ ‘party zone’
- NBA playoff watch: Phoenix slows Portland’s roll; Spurs clinch play-in
- Inflation fears ease as commodity prices fall back – business live
- The Moon, Mars and Beyond: China’s Ambitious Plans in Space
- Cat lands unharmed after jump from fifth-floor of burning Chicago building – video
- Dogecoin rallies on Elon Musk tweet, anticipated Coinbase listing
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…