Maryland shooting: suspect killed and two victims in critical condition
A suspect in a shooting at Fort Detrick in Frederick, Maryland, on Tuesday morning was shot and killed, officials said. The two victims in the shooting were in critical condition.
The US navy said the shooting “involved US navy sailors. The shooter, a navy hospital corpsman, is deceased.”
At a press conference, the Frederick police chief, Jason Lando, said the victims and the suspect were all adult males.
The medic shot two people at the Riverside Tech Park then drove 10 minutes to the base where he was shot and killed, Lando said. An employee on the military base shot the 38-year-old suspect, he added.
Fort Detrick spokeswoman Lanessa Hill said the gunman drove through a gate at an entrance to the base before base personnel confronted him on a road.
She said Frederick police had given the base advance notice, “so we knew that we was out there.”
Fort Detrick is a US army base that is home to the military’s flagship biological defense laboratory and several federal civilian biodefense labs.
Both victims were airlifted to the Baltimore shock trauma center.
Lando said: “We have two different scenes. All I can tell you is that we have confirmed there is only one shooter. The public is no longer at risk. Everyone is safe.”
Lando also called the shootings “very tragic”.
“It’s happening too frequently,” he said. “Every time we turn on the TV we’re seeing something like this happening. And now it’s happening in our back yards.”
- The postcard that came home after 60 years
- Dogecoin spikes 300% in a week, stoking fears of a cryptocurrency bubble
- Covid infection rate is approaching the highest level so far, WHO chief warns
- Democrats, after slamming Trump for upending ‘norms,’ now eyeing sweeping changes of their own
- At least four people hospitalized with gunshot wounds, police say
- Losing languages, losing worlds
- Premier League and FA Cup team news, previews and more – live!
- Covid-19 Pushes India’s Middle Class Toward Poverty
- ‘This is it. If we don’t amp up, we’re goners’: the last chance to confront the climate crisis?
- Arsenal star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is recovering after contracting malaria
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…