March jobs report gives the Fed room to keep interest rates low, Jim Cramer says
Investors shouldn’t worry about the Federal Reserve raising interest rates after the release of the latest U.S. jobs report, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said.
Businesses hired 916,000 workers last month, according to data from the Labor Department released Friday. However, the report also showed average hourly earnings declined by 4 cents in March.
Wages will be a key component for the Fed to gauge inflation, the “Mad Money” host said.
“Professional money managers crave growth without wage inflation, and that’s just what we got … nirvana for stocks,” Cramer said. “This kind of labor report gives Fed Chairman Jay Powell the green light to keep holding rates low.”
“I like [Powell’s] hand more than that of the inflationistas right now because nothing is more important to stocks and bonds than that nonfarm Labor Department report that we got just Friday,” Cramer said.
Cramer also pointed to a decline in oil prices as a reason for the Fed to keep rates at historically low levels. West Texas Intermediate futures dropped more than 4% on Monday.
These elements will let Powell stick to his plan of keeping rates low until the economy recovers from last year’s pandemic downturn, according to Cramer.
The comments came after stocks rallied to open the first full week of the second quarter. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average each jumped more than 1% to fresh record highs. The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite outperformed the Dow and S&P 500, surging 1.7%, and it’s now about 3% off its February record.
- Donovon Lynch’s family attorney claims body was moved, another officer was involved in Oceanfront shooting
- Gingrich: ‘Very dangerous time’ with police being vilified, especially for minorities
- With Australia’s delayed vaccine rollout, a reunion with my parents overseas inches further from reach | Jill Stark
- Panthers acquire Bennett in trade with Flames
- Yes, police can pull you over for hanging an air freshener in your car
- Smartmatic says disinformation on Fox News about the election was ‘no accident.’
- Man confronts CNN reporter with expletive-filled rant urging press to leave MN: The media ‘makes this worse!’
- Alaska woman caught COVID-19 a second time after Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- KCK dog gets lots of pets and treats after alerting neighbors to owner’s medical emergency
- Virginia Attorney General Opens Investigation Into Windsor Police Department
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…