The Mid-American Conference on Thursday eliminated the league’s intraconference transfer policy, allowing student-athletes to transfer between MAC schools without losing a year of eligibility.
The decision was made unanimously by the league’s Council of Presidents following recommendations from the Council of Directors of Athletics. According to a news release, the vote was conducted after receiving feedback from the Faculty Athletic Representatives and Council of Student-Athletes.
“Over a decade ago our student-athletes played an integral role in crafting a revision of the conference’s intraconference transfer policy,” MAC commissioner Jon Steinbrecher said in a prepared statement. “With continued student-athlete feedback, the membership will eliminate the policy and be governed solely by NCAA transfer regulations that continue to evolve. The elimination of this policy is effective immediately, and aligns with our beliefs in providing opportunity and choice for Mid-American Conference student-athletes.”
Last month, the ACC also eliminated its intraconference transfer policy after a unanimous decision by its board of directors. The steps taken by the individual conferences are a precursor to the NCAA’s next possible move, as the organization is considering allowing all college athletes to transfer without penalty.
- Padres’ Lamet exits early, set for MRI on forearm
- Mexico warns that selling fake Covid-19 vaccines jeopardizes public health
- Every Dollar is a Soldier/With Money You’re a Dragon review – haunting history
- The U.S. Has a New Climate Goal. How Does It Stack Up Globally?
- Mikel Arteta reveals Kroenkes have apologised to him over Super League
- George Christensen to retire at next election blaming ‘broken’ state of Australian politics
- Analysis: Can Bolsonaro be taken at his word on protecting the environment? A look at his record
- Southwest Airlines says leisure bookings improving, expects to break even in June
- As women directors enter the Oscar spotlight, here are 13 filmmakers to watch
- Infrastructure negotiations: Republicans to unveil $600 billion framework as Democrats try to iron out issues
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…