Kim wins Singapore title after Green’s bogey finish
Kim Hyo-joo won the HSBC Women’s World Championship at Singapore’s Sentosa Golf Club on Sunday as Australian Hannah Green bogeyed the last two holes to hand the South Korean victory in the $1.6 million tournament.
Kim’s eight-under par final round of 64 earned her the title with a four round score of 17-under par, although it was Green’s failure to see out the last two holes in regulation that ultimately gave the 25-year-old first place.
Green, who had been third going into the final round, kept herself in contention with a pair of birdies on the front nine before hitting an eagle on the 14th that pulled her level with Kim.
A 15-foot putt at the 16th secured another birdie that took the 2019 Women’s PGA Championship winner into the lead, only for her to drop back into a tie with Kim when she three-putted the 17th hole.
There was worse to come for the Australian at the final hole when, needing a par to take proceedings into a two-hole playoff, she sent her approach off the back edge of the green.
Her first attempt raced well past the hole and, after taking two attempts to sink the ball from there, Green slipped back into second to hand Kim her first title on the LPGA Tour in five years.
Overnight leader Lin Xiyu ended up in a share for third having initially struggled to keep pace with the surges at the top of the leaderboard.
Tavatanakit, who won April’s ANA Inspirational and was making her first-ever appearance at the tournament in her rookie season as a professional, hit a seven-under par round of 65.
- Doctors’ union in Japan calls on government to cancel Tokyo Games
- Biden says those vaccinated from COVID-19 can largely ditch masks
- Sheriff agrees to release video involving inmate’s death at jail following family request
- Paralyzed man uses his mind to form real-time sentences
- Removed from royal display, Meghan and Harry waxworks join Madame Tussauds’ ‘party zone’
- NBA playoff watch: Phoenix slows Portland’s roll; Spurs clinch play-in
- Inflation fears ease as commodity prices fall back – business live
- The Moon, Mars and Beyond: China’s Ambitious Plans in Space
- Cat lands unharmed after jump from fifth-floor of burning Chicago building – video
- Dogecoin rallies on Elon Musk tweet, anticipated Coinbase listing
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…