Investors should buy, not sell, after Tuesday’s sell-off, Jim Cramer says
After a tough day of trading on Wall Street, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said the market is giving investors an opportunity to find stocks that are excellent buys.
“Even though we had a brutal sell-off today, we’re still in one of the greatest second chance markets I’ve ever seen, as you saw with the industrials between mid-morning and the end of the day,” the “Mad Money” host said.
“We’ve seen this happen countless times, people, yet it’s very hard for people to remember that you’re supposed to buy, not sell, when stocks are collapsing,” Cramer said.
Cramer pointed to trading in drug stocks to make a case against selling in the face of a sell-off. Shares of Merck, Bristol-Myers Squibb and Eli Lilly, he noted, bounced after they missed estimates in their quarterly earnings reports last week.
“I think that Eli Lilly, which we own for the charitable trust … represents real value versus the rest of the market,” he said. “Lilly makes fortunes and when its stock got crushed on a bad tape, you’ve got to buy it. Apparently, lots of money managers agree because it ended up rallying today.”
Eli Lilly stock closed Tuesday at $188.20 after rising 1.2%. Cramer suggested Eli Lilly’s move on Monday to authorize a $5 billion buyback could be a turning point for the stock, which is down more than 11% from late January.
Disclosure: Cramer’s charitable trust owns shares of Eli Lilly.
- ‘We can’t create more water’: Water Works warns drought could endanger drinking supply
- Coronavirus live news: India variant found in 44 countries – WHO; Taiwan faces new outbreak
- Unicef calls on UK to give 20% of vaccines to other countries
- ‘We won’t be bouncing back’ – the unsettling truth about the big reopening
- Amcham finds 42% of members surveyed are planning or considering leaving Hong Kong
- Tuchel: I lied to Auba about meeting times
- ‘You breathe differently when you aren’t the only one:’ Women are leading America’s key news outlets
- Police: Babies abducted during Savannah shooting found safe, suspect now in custody
- Greg Gutfeld: Despite statistics showing low outdoor COVID spread, media peddles fear
- Liz Cheney shames colleagues who will purge her for disloyalty to Trump
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…