Mandy Garner shared her story on Facebook. She posted heartbreaking photos of her dog, Gizmo, with severe scars and injuries.
The images were so graphic, we had to blur the photos before publishing them in this article.
“[It’s] very devastating,” said Garner. “I don’t see how anyone can hurt an animal. It takes a sick person to do it.”
Garner said last month, she let Gizmo out to play. When he ran back inside, she said he was shaking and appeared to be in a lot of pain. A veterinarian later told Garner that Gizmo had suffered third and fourth degree burns.
“[The vet] got with a pest control officer. They said it was a large amount of chemical,” Garner explained. “He said they intentionally did it.”
Garner has an idea of who might have done this, but right now, she’s trying to find the right people to investigate Gizmo’s case.
“I am worried this can happen again … very worried,” she said.
The worried pet owner said Gizmo’s life will never be the same. He’s now blind and scarred for life. On Friday, the dog will undergo surgery to have one of his eyes removed.
“Now, I will be his service mama,” said Garner.
Anyone with information is urged to contact local law enforcement.
Copyright © 2021 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.
- Rare tropical cyclone to make landfall in Western Australia
- Prince Charles remembers ‘dear papa’ as details of funeral emerge
- Maryland Gov. Hogan vetoes bill that would do away with life-without-parole sentences for juveniles
- ‘Point Zion’ lauded for ‘tremendous’ efforts in win
- Real Madrid v Barcelona: El Clásico – live!
- Is a party that sells police stations to criminals so very tough on crime? | Nick Cohen
- Pablo Fornals: ‘We never stop running – we have to enjoy these moments’
- Concerned NYC mom asks de Blasio ‘what’s being done’ about broad-daylight crimes
- Prince Charles pays tribute to his father Prince Philip
- Meet Camaron Cheeseman, elite long-snapper, aspiring dentist and NFL draft hopeful
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…