Florida teenager confesses to following 2 women home and killing them
A Florida teenager killed two women after following them home and crawling through their window while they slept, a report said.
The alleged double murder in Largo Monday night appears to have been a random attack that started when the killer saw the women in public, police said, according to local station FOX 8.
Sage Curry, 19, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and burglary, according to the report. The victims were not identified, but neighbors told the station a mother and daughter lived together in the home.
Police said Curry confessed to breaking in through a bedroom window, grabbing a sharp kitchen knife, and attacking the women.
The teen allegedly stabbed the first woman multiple times in the chest while she slept, and then turned the knife on the second woman when she came to defend the sleeping victim, according to the report.
Police said Curry was injured by the second victim, and asked a neighbor for help with his wounds, the station said.
Friends and acquaintances of the teen told the station they were shocked to hear of his alleged murders.
“Just shock overall, I’d never think someone like this could do something like that. So just shocked right now,” said former co-worker Jordan Martin, who reportedly described Curry as “nice” and “quiet.”
“It’s breathtaking and I had to do a doubletake and say is that the same kid I knew,” said Josh Estremera, a Pinellas County Minster and Community Advocate.
The teen was appointed a public defender Tuesday as he awaits trial in the Pinellas County Jail, the report said.
This story first appeared in the New York Post.
- Lebanon is on a ‘train to hell’ and ‘about to reach the last station,’ former government advisor says
- NBA playoff watch: Heat clinch and Celtics get closer to play-in spot
- At least 35 killed in Gaza as Israel ramps up airstrikes in response to rocket attacks
- ‘We can’t create more water’: Water Works warns drought could endanger drinking supply
- Coronavirus live news: India variant found in 44 countries – WHO; Taiwan faces new outbreak
- Unicef calls on UK to give 20% of vaccines to other countries
- ‘We won’t be bouncing back’ – the unsettling truth about the big reopening
- Amcham finds 42% of members surveyed are planning or considering leaving Hong Kong
- Tuchel: I lied to Auba about meeting times
- ‘You breathe differently when you aren’t the only one:’ Women are leading America’s key news outlets
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…