Everton’s Jean-Philippe Gbamin faces another layoff after knee injury
The Everton midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin is facing yet another extended spell on the sidelines after suffering a knee injury in training.
The £22.5m signing from Mainz in 2019 made his first appearance under Carlo Ancelotti only last week, as a 79th-minute substitute against Crystal Palace, having been out for 20 months with a thigh injury that required two operations followed by an achilles injury sustained on the Ivorian’s return to first-team training.
Gbamin’s cameo against Palace was only the third outing of his Everton career and, while the club are awaiting the results of a scan scheduled for Tuesday, there are concerns the unfortunate midfielder faces another lengthy absence.
A club statement confirmed: “Jean-Philippe Gbamin is not in Everton’s match-day squad for tonight’s Premier League match at Brighton & Hove Albion after sustaining a contact knee injury during training at the weekend.
“Manager Carlo Ancelotti confirmed the 25-year-old Ivorian midfielder will miss the clash on the south coast, with Gbamin set to undergo a scan in London tomorrow to determine the extent of the injury.”
- Windsor to upgrade officers’ tasers: ‘They need to be replaced’
- Communal violence erupts in Israeli cities
- Coronavirus live news: Japan towns abandon plans to accept overseas Olympic athletes
- Zion’s huge season wasn’t enough: The best NBA players to miss the playoffs
- From London to Beijing on the old Silk Road – a photo essay
- The Seychelles is the most vaccinated nation on Earth. But Covid-19 has surged
- The 2021-22 NFL schedule is here, and teams are pumped
- Grenell calls Susan Rice the ‘shadow president’ and ‘no one is paying attention’
- NBA playoff watch: Hawks wrap up berth; Celtics land in play-in
- Lyft driver charged in Glen Burnie rape
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…