Domino’s Pizza CEO says phone ordering is near obsolete as digital sales continue to climb
The phone is ringing less and less at Domino’s Pizza locations, but demand for the company’s pies remains high, according to CEO Ritch Allison.
More than 75% of sales at Domino’s are now coming through digital channels, up from 70% prior to the Covid pandemic, and it’s not likely that the trend will reverse, Allison told CNBC’s Jim Cramer Thursday.
“As we look forward, those are the kinds of movements that happened during Covid that we don’t believe are going back,” he said in a “Mad Money” interview. “Once customers shift to digital ordering, they don’t go back to calling restaurants on the phone.”
The Ann Arbor, Michigan-based company over the past decade has invested heavily in the business to bring it into the technology age.
With the investments, Domino’s is expanding its store count and installing new technologies to make ordering and receiving food faster and easier. In Houston, the company is testing out an autonomous vehicle delivery system in a partnership with Nuro.
“We feel really well-positioned from a technology standpoint, and with the market still so very fragmented, there’s a lot of share to be gained broadly across the market as we see it,” Allison said.
Domino’s reported results from the first quarter on Thursday morning. Global retail sales were up 16.7% from a year ago, while same-store sales in the U.S. grew 13.4%, the company said. Domino’s shares popped 3% in Thursday trading, settling at $415.98. The stock is up 8.48% so far this year.
- Analysis: An amazing revelation about the GOP’s willful blindness on Donald Trump
- Keeping the Memory of 9/11 Alive at the Site Where Flight 93 Went Down
- Biden Vows to ‘Disrupt and Prosecute’ Hackers Who Forced Shutdown of U.S. Pipeline
- ‘It’s a big deal’ for America’s push to reopen, says NIH Director on Pfizer vaccine approval for adolescents
- Tiger filmed roaming Houston raises concerns about exotic pet ownership in the Lone Star State
- Asia-Pacific markets set for cautious start after U.S. stocks decline overnight
- WATCH: Maine mom and Boston gorilla share maternal bond at Franklin Park Zoo
- U.S. Defends Detention of Afghan at Guantánamo Despite Pullout
- Hackers attack Colonial Pipeline over the weekend — Here’s what investors are saying
- NHL’s Canadian teams likely to keep COVID-19 protocols
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…