Cramer recommends owning food stocks and names hurt by the chip shortage
CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Thursday made a case for investors to get exposure to companies impacted by the ongoing global chip shortage and stocks benefiting from the rotation into consumer packaged goods.
“I think today was a powerful lesson you need a diversified portfolio with both smokestack [stocks] that use semiconductors … and also defensive food stocks with big dividends,” the “Mad Money” host said.
Cramer said Apple, Caterpillar and Ford Motor — whose shares fell in Thursday’s session — are worth buying on any declines connected to the low supply of semiconductors. The shortage is being caused by the digital transformation that accelerated during the coronavirus pandemic.
Food stocks like PepsiCo, Mondelez and Hershey are also buys as money managers move into some defensive names, Cramer said. The rise in defensive investments is being fueled by declines in digital and drug stocks on the backs of disappointing earnings results, he noted.
“Even with today’s rotation, it’s a mistake to sell microchip stocks for the potato chip kind, or even the Chips Ahoy kind,” Cramer said, referring to Mondelez. “Give it six to nine months and the … [companies] that need semiconductors will come roaring back.”
Disclosure: Cramer’s charitable trust owns shares of Apple and Ford.
- NBA playoff watch: Heat clinch and Celtics get closer to play-in spot
- ‘We can’t create more water’: Water Works warns drought could endanger drinking supply
- Coronavirus live news: India variant found in 44 countries – WHO; Taiwan faces new outbreak
- Unicef calls on UK to give 20% of vaccines to other countries
- ‘We won’t be bouncing back’ – the unsettling truth about the big reopening
- Amcham finds 42% of members surveyed are planning or considering leaving Hong Kong
- Tuchel: I lied to Auba about meeting times
- ‘You breathe differently when you aren’t the only one:’ Women are leading America’s key news outlets
- Police: Babies abducted during Savannah shooting found safe, suspect now in custody
- Greg Gutfeld: Despite statistics showing low outdoor COVID spread, media peddles fear
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…