Claremore veteran fighting for others while in the fight of his life
CLAREMORE, Okla. — Commander Murry Estabrook started teaching JROTC at Claremore High School in 2003.
In 2004, Estabrook organized the school’s first blood drive in partnership with the Oklahoma Blood Institute. Estabrook knows firsthand about the importance of blood donations.
“I’ve been blessed with this sweet little girl here because of blood donors,” Estabrook said.
That little girl is his 3-year-old granddaughter Cali. She almost died shortly after birth.
“Her blood system totally crashed, and she had to have emergency surgery,” Estabrook said.
His granddaughter needed two units of blood to survive. In January, Estabrook received some life changing news.
“They told me I had stage four pancreatic cancer and it was also in my lymph nodes,” he said.
Estabrook said he will beat the cancer. In the meantime, he will continue to be a voice for people in need of blood donations.
“Anybody that’s fighting an illness is gonna need blood,” he said. “Please come out and give [blood].”
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere —
- Donovon Lynch’s family attorney claims body was moved, another officer was involved in Oceanfront shooting
- With Australia’s delayed vaccine rollout, a reunion with my parents overseas inches further from reach | Jill Stark
- Panthers acquire Bennett in trade with Flames
- Yes, police can pull you over for hanging an air freshener in your car
- Smartmatic says disinformation on Fox News about the election was ‘no accident.’
- Man confronts CNN reporter with expletive-filled rant urging press to leave MN: The media ‘makes this worse!’
- Alaska woman caught COVID-19 a second time after Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- KCK dog gets lots of pets and treats after alerting neighbors to owner’s medical emergency
- Virginia Attorney General Opens Investigation Into Windsor Police Department
- Biden nominates former New Jersey attorney general to lead D.E.A.
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…