Chicago man allegedly made anti-Asian comments, boasted before driving into crowd
Timothy Nielsen, 57, allegedly grew “increasingly hostile” about a group of “yuppies” celebrating a birthday in Logan Square at approximately 5:17 p.m. on Saturday, griping to a neighbor about the people and their dogs, reports said, and purportedly arguing with the group at one point.
He allegedly turned to his neighbor and said, “Watch what I’m going to do.” Nielsen then purportedly drove his red Ford F-150 onto a grass median and into the group of 10 to 15 people and their dogs, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.
Published accounts indicate Nielsen injured one person and trapped a 42-year-old woman underneath his truck. Nielsen tried to flee, but a Yeti cooler wedged under his truck prevented him from moving.
Nielsen allegedly climbed out of the truck with a knife. He reportedly caused minor cuts to one person before a woman disarmed him and took the keys out of his truck’s ignition.
The Cook County State’s Attorney did not return Fox News’ request for comment.
One Chicago police officer described the scene as “chaotic.”
Some eyewitnesses claim that Nielsen was yelling anti-Asian comments as he drove up on the crowd, according to the Chicago Tribune.
The incident is being investigated as a crime but reportedly not as a hate crime.
Nielsen was immediately placed in custody and charged with four felony counts, including attempted murder.
All victims have since been treated and released.
- Hermansson-Shahbazyan off UFC 262 card
- Boat explodes on Lake Lanier, injuring 6 people including 2 teens
- California’s Middle-Class Taxpayers Could Get a Rebate Under Newsom Plan
- Analysis: An amazing revelation about the GOP’s willful blindness on Donald Trump
- ‘We are living in a war zone’: violence flares in West Papua as villagers forced to flee
- Keeping the Memory of 9/11 Alive at the Site Where Flight 93 Went Down
- Biden Vows to ‘Disrupt and Prosecute’ Hackers Who Forced Shutdown of U.S. Pipeline
- ‘It’s a big deal’ for America’s push to reopen, says NIH Director on Pfizer vaccine approval for adolescents
- Explainer: What is the deadly ‘black fungus’ seen in Covid patients in India?
- Tiger filmed roaming Houston raises concerns about exotic pet ownership in the Lone Star State
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…