Caiman spotted in Lexington canal, caught by animal control officers
LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) — A large reptile startled a woman in Lexington as she was walking her dog before it was caught by animal control officers Wednesday.
Police were dispatched to Roland Avenue for complaints of a large reptile in a canal shortly after 3:00 p.m. Wednesday. A Lexington Fayette Animal Control and Care officer tells LEX 18 she believes it’s a dwarf caiman.
Animal control officers say they got a call from a woman who said she was walking her dog when the reptile got close to them. Officers were able to get the caiman out of the canal and it’s secure at their facility now. Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife will pick it up and take it to the Kentucky Reptile Zoo in Slade.
Officials say the reptile appeared to be in good health. They believe someone acquired the caiman at a reptile expo and then when it became too much of a responsibility, the person set it free.
Caimans are illegal to own in Kentucky.
- Blistering report alleges Chinese solar panel supply chain tainted by forced labor
- Beneath Joe Biden’s Folksy Demeanor, a Short Fuse and an Obsession With Details
- Positively LEX 18: Customers come for the cut, stay for the tunes at Paris barbershop
- Why is one of Cuba’s most rebellious artists still isolated in a government hospital?
- Avalanche lock up No. 1 overall seed for playoffs
- The Rules of Revelation by Lisa McInerney review – an ‘unholy trinity’ concludes
- Prince Harry reveals secret supermarket meeting with Meghan
- Hear me out: why Hudson Hawk isn’t a bad movie
- Slow population growth means low interest rates are likely here to stay, says JP Morgan
- Doctors’ union in Japan calls on government to cancel Tokyo Games
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…