Multiple fire crews were dispatched to the home on the 7900 block of Brunswick Ave. shortly before 10 p.m., and upon arrival found the home engulfed in fire.
BROOKLYN PARK, Minn. — A recently remodeled home in Brooklyn Park suffered extensive damage after flames tore through the structure late Sunday night.
Multiple fire crews were dispatched to the home on the 7900 block of Brunswick Ave. shortly before 10 p.m., and upon arrival found the house engulfed with flames leaping from the roof.
Brooklyn Park Fire Chief John Cunningham told KARE 11 on the scene that a second alarm was quickly called, and then additional fire crews from West Metro, Plymouth, Coon Rapids, Fridley and Brooklyn Center were also requested.
“I was scared, I was very scared,” said neighbor Diana Larson as she watched the home burn. “I didn’t know if anyone was in there, it was getting very close to our house.”
Larson lives next door, and says her oldest son grabbed a hose and kept a steady bead of water streaming on the fence that divides the properties so the Larson home wouldn’t also be claimed. Eventually fire crews stepped in with much larger hoses to cool down the side of Larson’s home, and keep embers from starting it on fire.
“Nobody wants that to happen, see your house go up in flames,” Larson remarked.
If there is any good news it’s that no residents or firefighters were injured battling the blaze.
Fire crews were on scene into early Monday morning to put down the flames and make sure they did not rekindle. At this point it is unclear what caused the fire, but neighbors say it is clear that it started in the garage. They also say the home recently underwent extensive renovations before being gutted in Sunday night’s fire.
“I’m sure the house is gone, done,” said Diana Larson. “There’s nothing left.”
- Donovon Lynch’s family attorney claims body was moved, another officer was involved in Oceanfront shooting
- Gingrich: ‘Very dangerous time’ with police being vilified, especially for minorities
- With Australia’s delayed vaccine rollout, a reunion with my parents overseas inches further from reach | Jill Stark
- Panthers acquire Bennett in trade with Flames
- Yes, police can pull you over for hanging an air freshener in your car
- Smartmatic says disinformation on Fox News about the election was ‘no accident.’
- Man confronts CNN reporter with expletive-filled rant urging press to leave MN: The media ‘makes this worse!’
- Alaska woman caught COVID-19 a second time after Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- KCK dog gets lots of pets and treats after alerting neighbors to owner’s medical emergency
- Virginia Attorney General Opens Investigation Into Windsor Police Department
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…