Brooklyn Center residents near police station fear returning home: report
Residents who live near the Brooklyn Center, Minn., police station said at a meeting Wednesday night that they fear returning to their homes after recent nights of clashes due to a deadly police shooting.
Jamiya Crayton, a resident, told council members in the city that the protests may have subsided, but the community is left with the fallout.
“Now it’s all over and now everyone gets to go home,” she said, according to Fox 9. “The protesters, the officers, and now my two kids with autism are too scared to come home because they think something is going to happen.”
Hundreds of protesters would gather in front of the police station after Officer Kim Potter, who is White, fatally shot Daunte Wright, 20, who is Black, during a traffic stop earlier this month. Despite calls for calm by elected officials, the protests usually became violent with objects being hurled at police, the use of tear gas and arrests.
The Fox 9 report said these residents said their children have been traumatized due to the flash bangs and chemicals like pepper spray that circulated into their apartments.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- Amcham finds 42% of members surveyed are planning or considering leaving Hong Kong
- Tuchel: I lied to Auba about meeting times
- ‘You breathe differently when you aren’t the only one:’ Women are leading America’s key news outlets
- Police: Babies abducted during Savannah shooting found safe, suspect now in custody
- Greg Gutfeld: Despite statistics showing low outdoor COVID spread, media peddles fear
- Liz Cheney shames colleagues who will purge her for disloyalty to Trump
- One in four cities cannot afford climate crisis protection measures – study
- This Day in History: May 12
- British troops were twice as likely to be killed in Afghanistan as US forces
- Patrick Mazeika Continues to Be Magic for Mets
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…