Boris Johnson’s phone number ‘listed online for last 15 years’
Boris Johnson’s mobile phone number was freely available on the internet for the last 15 years, according to reports.
A contact number for Johnson was listed on the bottom of a press release when he was still shadow higher education minister in 2006 – a document which was still available online in 2021.
Reports earlier this month suggested senior officials had called on Johnson to change his number because of concerns about how many people contacted him directly.
Downing Street declined to comment on the report – first revealed on the Popbitch gossip website – that Johnson’s phone number was available online to anyone who searched for it.
The press release, which related to his work as a shadow minister, invited journalists to contact Johnson directly on either a Commons office number or his mobile.
Attempts to call the number on Thursday night were met with an automated message saying the phone was “switched off” and an invitation to “please try later or send a text”.
The prime minister’s use of his mobile phone has been in the spotlight after text message exchanges with entrepreneur Sir James Dyson and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman were leaked.
Earlier this month, No 10 refused to deny reports that Simon Case, the head of the civil service, suggested to the prime minister that he change numbers because his current one is too widely known.
- Hermansson-Shahbazyan off UFC 262 card
- India’s Covid-19 catastrophe could hurt global supplies of medicines, clothing and shoes
- Boat explodes on Lake Lanier, injuring 6 people including 2 teens
- California’s Middle-Class Taxpayers Could Get a Rebate Under Newsom Plan
- Analysis: An amazing revelation about the GOP’s willful blindness on Donald Trump
- ‘We are living in a war zone’: violence flares in West Papua as villagers forced to flee
- Keeping the Memory of 9/11 Alive at the Site Where Flight 93 Went Down
- Biden Vows to ‘Disrupt and Prosecute’ Hackers Who Forced Shutdown of U.S. Pipeline
- ‘It’s a big deal’ for America’s push to reopen, says NIH Director on Pfizer vaccine approval for adolescents
- Explainer: What is the deadly ‘black fungus’ seen in Covid patients in India?
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…