20 Best Teas That Help You to Sleep Better – Best Natural Sleep Aids
Best Teas for Sleep – Are you spending hours and hours tossing in your bed? But still, fail to fall asleep? Oh yes, we all have been there – Counting sheep, changing positions but, nothing seems to work. Nowadays, people are finding it difficult to get a good night’s sleep. One may struggle to fall asleep or may even wake up several times throughout the night. It may happen because of many different reasons. Here are few of them listed below:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Poor diet
- Blood sugar problems, etc.
It is essential to fix this as soon as possible, as deep sleep is necessary to revive and renew the cells of the body. Well, finding it difficult to get a solution? Don’t worry, by the end of this blog, you might get many. Since tea happens to be the most consumed beverage other than water, it is the perfect solution to your problem.
Thanks to night time tea. It will help to get a good night’s sleep because, during sleep, the body produces collagen, fixes the muscles & tissues, synthesizes hormones, and rejuvenates the mind and memory. Teas, with their soothing taste and health benefits should be part of everyone’s diet as a refreshing accompaniment. Check these great Wholesale teas to complete your tea collection!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 15 Health Benefits of Asparagus for Weight Loss, Body Building and Skin
Here are a few night time teas that will help to sleep peacefully and deeply at night:
- Lavender tea: Lavender tea is by far the most popular tea to promote relaxation in the body. The natural compounds in its pleasant smell soothe the nervous system and induce a state of calm before sleep. Lavender can also improve overall sleep quality, making one less likely to wake up during the night.
- Chamomile tea: For several years, chamomile is known as a friend with benefits. It is because chamomile is perceived to be a highly useful natural sleep treatment. The tea carries an antioxidant called apigenin. Apigenin is generally deemed as a light tranquilizer, which treats some brain receptors to reduce anxiety.
- Passionflower: It is one of nature’s best herbs in treating overthinking and anxiety. It boosts levels of GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric acid) in the brain. GABA is a chemical that regulates mood. Recently, the flower has become very popular and acts as an effective sleep aid.
- Lemon Balm: The herb – lemon balm was commonly used in the middle ages to treat insomnia and stress. It is a very sharp tea which induces the feeling of calm and peace. The natural compounds present in it relaxes the muscles. The plant can be easily planted at home.
- Lemongrass: This plant is native to Asia and Australia, it makes a very citrusy tasting tea. The lemon flavor is very light and rejuvenating and helps to stimulate serotonin in the brain. It also helps to regulate the sleep cycle.
- Valerian root: Valerian roots may induce sleep by increasing the levels of a neurotransmitter called GABA. Studies suggest that valerian roots may improve quality of sleep by decreasing night time awakeness.
- Magnolia Bark: The bark of the magnolia tree is used to make a powerful sleep aid and herbal tea. It works as an anxiolytic, which means it lowers stress, depression, and anxiety. Its natural bioactive compounds for your body to boost GABA neurotransmitters in the brain, which stops overthinking. It also activates cannabinoid receptors in the body, which supports the immune system and reduces aches and pains.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Top 15 Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Skin, Face, Acne, Wrinkles, Health
- Spearmint tea: Spearmint is abundant with menthol, which helps in the digestion of food and calms the body. It has an excellent flavor and one of everyone’s favorites for relaxation and stress relief.
- Ashwagandha tea: Those who are facing hormonal imbalances, this ayurvedic tea is perfect for them. It is particularly used for women during menstruation because it can relieve cramps and pain.
- Peppermint tea: Peppermint is a hybrid herb between spearmint and watermint plant. Steeping some peppermint in hot water produces a relaxing sleep and helps to soothe gas and upset the stomach.
- Decaffeinated Green tea: Green tea comes from the same plant as black tea but is harvested differently. It contains more natural chemicals, Like EGCG, which lowers inflammation in the body. A healthier overall body leads to better brain function and healthy sleep patterns.
- California poppy: The flower – California poppy contains natural components that ease nervous agitation, pains, aches, and insomnia. It is also used to treat bedwetting in children and to treat liver and bladder diseases.
– EXPLORE MORE ABOUT: 20 Best Teas That Help You to Sleep Better – Best Natural Sleep Aids – HERE –
As you can see there are varieties of tea, that help to sleep peacefully and restoratively. Deep breathing exercises and meditation also helps in calming blood pressure and relieving tension. So now, just like an owl, don’t stay awake throughout the night. Use above teas to treat insomnia. Best Teas for Sleep