BES: About 25 gallons of sewage from private system overflows into tributary of Fanno Creek
PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) – Sewage from a privately-owned system overflowed into a tributary of Fanno Creek on Monday, according to the Portland Bureau of Environmental Services.
At about 4:30 p.m., city crews responded to a sewage release in the 7900 block of Southwest 40th Avenue. BES said the release was stopped within the hour.
According to BES, about 25 gallons of sewage overflowed from a maintenance access hole on the property’s parking lot, through a private storm system, and to a small creek that flows through a steep, forested edge of Gabriel Park and to Fanno Creek.
BES said this is the second release at SW 40th Avenue location this year. The cause is not known at this time.
Warning signs have been posted in the parking lot.
Due to the possibility of elevated levels of bacteria in the water, BES is asking to public to avoid contact with the creek around and downstream of Southwest Multnomah Boulevard and Southwest 45th Avenue.
Copyright 2021 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.
- Nearly 40% of Marines have declined Covid-19 vaccine
- Knicks rally late, snap Grizzlies’ 4-game win streak in OT
- Scenes from the First Rounds of the Masters
- Schubert: Winterreise review – high drama from Joyce DiDonato
- Manchester City v Leeds United: Premier League – live!
- China hits Alibaba with record $2.8 billion fine for behaving like a monopoly
- A muted mourning for Prince Philip as Covid-19 changes funeral plans
- Australia dominates New Zealand with the ball to extend record streak
- ‘You Can’t Trust Anyone’: Russia’s Hidden Covid Toll Is an Open Secret
- Trump flag violates Minnesota city ordinance — but business owner willing to pay fines, ‘go to jail’
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…