Sen. Joe Manchin, a key lawmaker in negotiations over President Biden’s infrastructure plan, said the President’s speech was “delivered well” but said of the package: “gotta see the details,” particularly on how it would be paid for.
Asked if the plan is too ambitious, the senator said he was “not going to speak on that until I see everything.”
He said he’s seen “outlines” but not the details.
Manchin also noted the “bottom line is you have to pay for it so you have to look at the pay fors” and he wants the committees to do their work and make adjustments as needed.
A number of Democratic senators are cautious about the level of spending Biden has proposed.
For instance, when asked whether she was comfortable with the level of spending proposed, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, a Democrat from New Hampshire, said, “Well, he’s putting out a vision — I think it’s up to Congress to decide whether we’re going to go along with all of it or what parts of it, and how we’re gonna do that.”
“I haven’t read the fine details so I want to see that first,” Shaheen said when asked whether he was prepared to do that.
Shaheen did praise Biden’s speech and said now it’s up to Congress to decide next steps.
“I thought it was a wonderful appeal to America to continue to fight through the pain. I thought he had some really excellent calls to action, and certainly laid out a plan for how we compete and how we continue to, as he said, build back better,” Shaheen said.
- Portnoy riffs on ‘$40 million punching bag’ Goodell: Feud started ‘as a joke’; he’s ‘least self-aware’ exec
- A Wandering Tiger Unnerved Houston. The Man Who Fled With It Is a Murder Suspect.
- Pediatricians prepare to vaccinate youngest Covid-19 shot recipients yet
- Rangers Look to Move Past ‘Crazy’ Season
- F.B.I. Identifies Group Behind Pipeline Hack
- Hermansson-Shahbazyan off UFC 262 card
- As Boston Celtics struggle, jersey patch partner Vistaprint takes the long view
- India’s Covid-19 catastrophe could hurt global supplies of medicines, clothing and shoes
- Boat explodes on Lake Lanier, injuring 6 people including 2 teens
- TE who wanted salary in Bitcoin cut by Chiefs
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…