Abraham Ancer ‘gutted’ after two-stroke penalty for inadvertent bunker error at Masters
Video footage showed that Ancer “unknowingly” touched the sand in a bunker on the 15th hole on Thursday.
“On the 15th hole during Thursday’s first round, Abraham Ancer unknowingly touched the sand before making his third stroke from the greenside bunker,” the statement said.
“After Mr. Ancer had signed his scorecard and exited the scoring area, video evidence was reviewed by the Committee regarding a potential breach of Rule 12.2b(1), which states that touching sand in a bunker right behind the ball results in a penalty. The touching of the sand was deemed visible to the naked eye. Had this not been the case, the video evidence would have been disregarded and a penalty would not have been applied.”
Having finished with a bogey six on the par-five 15th hole, it became a triple-bogey eight with the penalty and his one-over 73 became a three-over 75.
“This monitoring role will include both a proactive review to identify and help resolve potential Rules issues as they arise, and a responsive review when needed, such as to help referees on the course who ask for information on a real-time basis and to help the Committee when it is assessing issues based on something that happened at an earlier time.”
Ancer is in a group with early leader Hideki Matsuyama as well as Harris English for the opening two rounds.
- ‘We can’t create more water’: Water Works warns drought could endanger drinking supply
- Coronavirus live news: India variant found in 44 countries – WHO; Taiwan faces new outbreak
- Unicef calls on UK to give 20% of vaccines to other countries
- ‘We won’t be bouncing back’ – the unsettling truth about the big reopening
- Amcham finds 42% of members surveyed are planning or considering leaving Hong Kong
- Tuchel: I lied to Auba about meeting times
- ‘You breathe differently when you aren’t the only one:’ Women are leading America’s key news outlets
- Police: Babies abducted during Savannah shooting found safe, suspect now in custody
- Greg Gutfeld: Despite statistics showing low outdoor COVID spread, media peddles fear
- Liz Cheney shames colleagues who will purge her for disloyalty to Trump
Common Symptoms Of COVID-19
The CDC has a collection of nine Roche antibody assays designed to provide rapid results from COVID-19 rapid antigen test. If you are a potential carrier of the human papilloma virus (HPV) and are looking for HPV testing kits for the home, it is important…
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier
Things You Never Knew About The Best Water Purifier: We all know the importance of having a water purifier at home, but not many people know the things they need to know before buying one. Most of the time, we miss out on the most…
Med hub smart pill, a device for patients having medicines intake in the daily schedule.
Med hub smart pill: The drug prescribed by a doctor will be effective if it would be taken at the right time suggested by the doctor because it is necessary for our healing process. When a patient takes too many medicians in a day also…
10 Best Effective Plants to Fight Pollution – Diwali Edition
Effective Plants to Fight Pollution: Few more months and the most awaited festival of the year will be here. We Indians love our festivals, and the biggest festival of India, especially north India, is Diwali. It is a massive affair here. It generally falls in…